Saturday, April 04, 2009

Envelope tag bookmark

I have made some very useful tag bookmarks from used envelopes that I received everyday. They are very easy and fun to make, a good recycling project as well. I have write out the simple instruction on how to make the bookmark below. Just try out yourself, I am sure you will like them too.

Instruction to make envelope tag bookmark

Materials : Some used and clean envelopes, cutter, scissor, stickers, old cardboard or cutting mat and pencil for drawing.

1) Measure 3" x 3" on bottom corner of the envelope (You can use both bottom of the envelope to make this bookmark) Draw a line across it like picture shown.

2) Cut across the drawn line.

3) Place a sticker about 80% on the back of the envelope, leaving 20% of the sticker unstick. If you place the sticker on left of the envelope corner, you will make a side tag bookmark. If onto the right of the corner will make a top tag bookmark. So just choose a corner where you prefer your tag bookmark to be.

4) Slot in an old cardboard or cutting mat onto the opening of the bookmark where you cut it out from the envelope just now.

5) Use cutter, slowly and carefully cut across the outline of the sticker from the envelope.

6) After it is cut, flip it over to the front of the envelope. Now, the remaining 20% of the sticker will be to stick to the front of the envelope.

7) Place the remaining 20% of the sticker onto the front of the envelope and stick it.

8) It is now finished and I have made a side tag envelope bookmark. You could even write notes or remarks on the blank space of the envelope. Just slot it onto the corner of the book and it will look like what you will have as picture below.

PS :
If you like the stickers that I have used in this project. You can buy it from my Etsy shop, they are only at $1.00 for 2 sheets of them.
Available at Little Teeth Shop


Blogger R a i n said...

Very cute and useful indeed. Thanks for the tutorial!

Sunday, April 05, 2009 5:46:00 AM  
Blogger emy said...

that's a cool tip!


Monday, May 11, 2009 8:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home