Sunday, August 23, 2009

Recycled paper pencil and instructions


A new recycled paper project that I have just made, "Recycled paper pencils". These pencils are made from magazine cut out. You could actually use newspaper to make this pencil but I find that using newspaper will be abit tedius and dirty. It would be easy if using magazine cut out and the effect and texture are more prettier than from newspaper. A very easy, economical and fun project to do.

The pencil feel just like normal wooden pencil that we used to use. Even, it is lighter and the paper texture of the pencil give you a more comfortable grid and nice to hold. I have made few for myself and already started to use them.

Just love the texture of these left over sisal from the sharpen edge, just thinking what can I make them to. Just thinking....maybe I will create something out of them. :)

I have wrote a simple instruction for this project. Just try to make them if you like to. You could make it with your kids as well, just make sure they can handle cutter well. If you have a very sharp sharpener, you could subtitute the cutter by sharperner. But I find that sharpener could not give me the good result and I prefer to use cutter.

Instructions of making the recycled paper pencil







PS : If you like to make this project and you can't find the pencil leads, you could buy it from my Etsy shop under the listing 2mm pencil leads.

7 Comments:

Blogger emy said...

Very interesting but I dont think I saw those 2mm pencil leads sold in Singapore's Popular bookstore.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Lakshmi Rao said...

I found it very very interesting will try to make .

Friday, December 18, 2009 1:36:00 AM  
Blogger hihihi! said...

soo cool! I love your projects it is just my style. can you sharpen these with a pencil sharpener?

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous jjag66 said...

I stumbled upon your blog by accident and am liking it. I love crafts but unfortunately I am not too good making crafty things myself. However, this project sounds quite straightforward. I may have a go one of these days. Btw, I like to know if one can use a sharpener to sharpen the pencil afterwards. Thanks!

Friday, October 29, 2010 4:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The instructions are great so I shared it on Facebook:

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/myfancyoffice

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger JLH said...

Could these be sharpened in a normal sharpener after they are made?

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home