Sunday, August 05, 2007

Someone wants to throw all these away



No kidding, really, someone wants to throw all these fabrics away. They were once belong to hubby's Aunt. She passed away few weeks ago and she stayed with hubby's eldest brother and sis in law all the while before that. They don't like her much and after she had passed away, they decided to throw all her belongings. I was so happen to be there while they cleaned up her room and managed to save up all these vintage fabrics. Not just fabrics though, I even saved up her China, plates and cups. Just don't understand why they wanted to throw all these nice things away, don't they know how to treasure little things and vintages like these?

Anyway, the first picture is the square of fabrics that Aunt already sewn up to long stripes, I guess she wanted to do a quilt but she just manged to do it half way, unfinished. I think I might finish it up for her and just frame it up for the view of those vintage fabrics. The second picture is the new or scrap fabrics. Some of them have really nice prints, I'll waste it and just keep them for the time being. Will figure out what project for them later on.

Nothing much on my knitting, I'm almost finish with Tia , the variegated vest. In the midst of weaving in all the ends and buttons. Soon I'll show the FO. No new knitting project in mind yet, still searching for nice project and still tide down with baby quilt projects.

1 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

Good that you've rescued the fabric and vintage things. They will give you good memories whenever you use them :)
Take care, and I hope you've recovered from not feeling well.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home