Friday, May 18, 2007

Scrap Fabric Flower Brooch


What will you do on the scrap fabric that you gathered from selvage of sewing projects? I guess most of us will just keep the bigger pieces of scrap and throw away all those tiny one. However I felt that it was such a waste to throw anythings away even though it is just a tiny piece of scrap. Especially when it is vintage fabric or fabric that with pretty print on it. So, normally I will just keeping them up. But by just keep on keeping all those scrap selvage, I will end up with storage problem too. Therefore, I've come out an idea to reduce my stash of scrap fabric, I used some of them to make this scrap fabric flower brooch. The result came out satisfied and it seem to be a nice accessory to attach to clothes and bags.

3 Comments:

Blogger handknit168 said...

I always try to use up all those tiny stash of fabrics and yarns, and agree that to throw them away is a waste. Yours is a good idea to make such a tiny item for decoration.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I save all my yarn leftovers as well. I thought I could make little flowers. Similar idea as your fabric usage.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

What great idea! I have lots of scraps.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home