Saturday, November 03, 2007

2 new crafty books

Recently I bought these two new crafty books and I really love them.

Lacework four seasons 100 in Japanese.
I've eye on this book for quite some times. Everytimes when I visit Kinukuniya, I'll search for it and admired the lacework pictures and really want to try to make some of the pretty lace trims. But the price... abit too expensive. However, I bought it this time. I really love the lace and I guess it is worth for the price as it have 100 patterns to make. I've bought some crochet cottons meant for this project and will start making some lace trims.




Floral world - Cystal Flowers in Chinese
This is the pattern book for making cystal flowers using cystal gel. Cystal gel....hmmmm.... I have no idea what is it actually. I don't think I can find cystal gel in Malaysia. However, when I first saw the book, it remind me of the nail enamel flower that I'd made and I could use the pattern to modify it using nail enamel in making some of the flowers, the method used seem to be quite similar. I have bought few inexpensive nail enamel in green, pink and red colour for the project listing in the book. Hopefully, my nail enamel method could overcome for the shortage of cystal gel in this case. ~~cross my finger~~






1 Comments:

Blogger Laura.Y said...

I know what you mean. I sometimes look at a book/mag a few times before I get them too. Both books look really interesting. Would love to see your FOs from them. :)

Saturday, November 03, 2007 11:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home