Friday, August 25, 2006

Tunic that I made but hardly wear

These are some tunic tops that I had made past years but I hardly wear them. They have been in my wardrobe for about a year old already. Of course I like them, just there are some reasons that I don't like to wear them much. Once in a while I will take them out just to admire and station them back to the wardrobe again.

1) Up to knee length tunic top




This tunic was made from Indian's Sari fabric. There were some motive embellishment on the Sari that I maintained to be placed at the bottom of the tunic as what you could see from the second picture above. Pattern from one of my fashion magazines that I bought some years ago called Spruce. No modification was done on the pattern. The tunic suit me quite well actually, but there are some fallbacks, the collar is too low, almost up to my belly button. And the fabric is kind stiff and unbreathable, not comfortable to wear and that's the reasons I never wear it althought it's actually a nice tunic. Such a waste.....

2) A modification version tunic on the above pattern


This was the modification version of tunic based on the first one that I made. I like the pattern, but too bad with the original pattern, it's not comfortable to wear with. So I did some changes on it, the length of the tunic has been shorten till the length to cover my stomac and the collar as well. At least it's more comfortable to wear. I used Indian's Sari to make this tunic too, it's thin and light, very airy to wear. But....it has a fallback as well.....need to be ironed. I dislike ironing job, thus I hardly wear it too. I wore it once in a blue moon when I have the mood to do ironning. See....what a waste to just keeping all this nice outfits in my closet but not wearing them. ;)

p/s : The book that I got the pattern from


1 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

The tunics and the stripe blouse look good, but I know what you mean about having reasons here and there for not wearing them.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home