Friday, June 23, 2006

Reconstruct my wardrobe # 2



The second attempt on reconstruction of my old garments was this A-line skirt. My waist just grew crazily over the years and I definitely couldn't be fitted into this skirt of size "M" anymore but I like the flower print on the bottom of the skirt. Instead of just keep it in the closet, I enlarge it to my current size. In order to do that, what I've done was to cut off the top portion till it reach my knee length to remain the bottom flower print as it is. I adjust the waist line to my measurement, add in waist darts and lining for more comfortable wearing and finally come out with this new skirt that I could be wear to work.


This is how the skirt look like originally, a long ankle length A-line skirt without lining.

5 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

A good way to save a pretty skirt. It looks all new and in style too.

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

yes, the modified one is suited you most and the flower pattern is really pretty.

Friday, June 23, 2006 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

How nice that you can reconstruct your wardrobe! ;)

Friday, June 23, 2006 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

Everyone's doing it now. :) I love your remakes.

Friday, June 23, 2006 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Very nice skirt! How did you modify the zip? Did you rip it off and reattach it again?

Monday, June 26, 2006 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home