Saturday, July 01, 2006

Reconstruct my wardrobe # 3


This blouse was bought during my early 20's, it's a late 80's kind of outfit where big and baggy were the trend. Most of my old garments have been giving aways but yet I still keep this one due to the collar, it's very feminine with the lace around but too loose and long to wear. In order to suit it to my current size, I've trim off all the access fabric at the side of the garment, added in waist darts at the front and back pieces. Dismantled both the sleeves, reshaped to smaller size and shorten it to 3/4 sleeves instead of long sleeves. I shorten the length of the blouse and reshaped it's bottom as well.....sound like a big project huh..... :) Instead it was not a hard work for this reconstruction, the only fallback was the sleeves, where I need to find a suitable pattern in order to fit it into the new blouse's armhole. The whole process took me about 2 days to finish and I'm very satisfy with the outcome. At least it's still wearable after the reconstruction.


This is how it looks like on me after the reconstruction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think your shirt turned out nice. I might even add some lace around the sleeve cuff and collar just to spice it up.

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

You are right - the collar is so pretty. The new fitted shape looks good.

Monday, July 03, 2006 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home