Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Reconstruct my wardrobe #4

I did a simple reconstruction on one of my long pant. As I've told before that my waist has been growing crazily over the years, I can't wear most of my old skirts and pants included this one. When I check the pant's waist area, there still have spaces for me to extend. So what I done on it was I deconstructed the waist band, released all the waist darts and some seam allowances at the back portion of the pant. That gave me around 5" extra room on the waist area (Wow......5"......My waist had grew alot!! ). After that I reinstalled back the waist band onto the pant. Of course with the original one, it could not be fitted to the new pant, cause the measurement was smaller previously. So happen that the original band has long tail at each ends for ribbon tied as the closure. I used these allowances for the extention and did it as a normal closure with button for the new one. It fitted me quite well and I'm satisfy with it.


2 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

Your pants look so up to date and stylish now, love all this re-constructing you're doing, it's like getting a new wardrobe!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Ayou said...

The pants look great, office wear, very profesional

I have read thru your blog, and I found that you buy japanese craft book/magazine in local bookstore. I would like to know where I can get some, cause I use to get at Kinokuniya, which you said its expensive.I'm living at KL area. Thanks

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home