Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Need to unravel this part

Actually I have finished knitting the front and back piece of V-neck raglan top last week. However, no finished object to show yet. I made some mistake on the raglan decreases for the left side of the garment. It came out as smooth stockinette stitches which is mismatch with the right raglan. Therefore, I have to unravel the wrong raglan part and reknit them again. Guess this will take me another week to come out with a finished object.


The 1st picture show the wrong left raglan and 2nd picture show the correct right raglan.


I also bought few knitting and crocheting books during one of our local bookshop's book fair. The books consists quite a number of patterns but the instructions given are not very complete, lots of guessing works need to be done. Anyway, since it's cheap (50% off from the normal price) I bought 4 books and these are some of the patterns that I'm thinking to cast on in the future.


3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I am taking my knitting apart as well. Tough task! :(

I have two similar books like yours. They only show the schematic for the stitches pattern. I bought because they were inexpensive. :)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

At Hong Kong, I also have bought the Chinese knitting books which published at China. Agreed with Mimi, they only show you thousand's stitches patterns and are inexpensive, only cost you below HKD 50. But almost the patterns are copied from Japanese and English knitting books.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

I know what u mean..I bought one. these books provide the barest of instructions. The first bag in ur last post is very pretty. Why not knit one urself? :)

Friday, October 06, 2006 6:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home