Monday, April 16, 2007

My lace top is done



Phew... at last, it is all done, it really took long for me to finish. I've been very laid back lately, energyless to work on anything after I came back from work. Actually, I have some crafty ideas that I intend to work on, but I am just too lazy to get it started, even too lazy to draft it down in my crafty scatch book. (Yes, I've a scatch book for all the crafty ideas I came across). That's really bad though, guess I need to kick off my laziness and be more energetic....

Okay, lets talk about my new FO. The pattern was taken from a mass patterns book printed in Chinese, some sort like a copycat from few Japanese pattern books, making into one. Not a good pattern book though, they only provided graph and some informations on the number of stitches and simple schmetric. I have to do lots of guessing to get the knit work correctly. It was knitted in Lana Grossa Toccata in the shade of Butterscotch using needle size 4mm, used up 7 balls of them. The collar and sleeves edge suppose to have ruffle all around, but the yarn is kind of heavy when knitted in ruffle, so I just maintain the collar part. Overall, the FO looks fine for me and I am kind of satisfy with it except the collar ruffle, thinking of unravel it but meanwhile I will just leave it till I really make up my mind to maintain or not with it.
No plan on any new project yet, am searching for pattern to start on, maybe to start on some simple project, eg. making doll or baby stuffs. (For my sister and sister in law, both of them will have baby soon.)

4 Comments:

Blogger handknit168 said...

It is very beautiful with the ruffle neckband. And this is my favour colour. I also search patterns from Chinese knitting book by mix & match the stitches pattern to knit a cardigan or sweater.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

It's a very interesting mix of different lace patterns. Sort of like a sampler! It has a really good fit.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:49:00 AM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

It fits you very well, and the lace part I like best is the long vertical lace rib in the middle.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what else can i say but LOVELY.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home