Sunday, November 04, 2007

I modified this outfit



I did a very simple modification to an old cardigan that once belong to my sister. It was given by her intended to make it to become a dog outfit for her dog. Anyway the dog outfit project doesn't work out as what I have planned and the cardigan has been left unattended together with my fabric stashes until I pick it up again to make some modification to suit me rather to a dog.

I like the colour of this cardigan but the sleeve is rather too small and short for me. To make it a bigger sleeve, the only way that I can do is to cut it to become a cap sleeve. Then I stitched 2 lines on the border of the sleeves so that it wouldn't be fray after washing. Lastly, I sewn in a fabric flower brooch on the cardigan. And there, I got myself a cardigan after just some simple modification.

From this long sleeve cardigan to....

this crop cap sleeve top with a flower brooch.


2 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

I like your tshirt re-constrcution, lovely touch of the flower too.

Monday, November 05, 2007 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger fi said...

what a great idea love it!!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 6:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home