Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Recycled yarns

Look what I got here, recycled yarns from sweaters that I bought from a reject outlet in town. They're really a great deal, only RM10.00 per sweater and 100% cotton. Wow!! At that kind of price, you can't even get a ball of new yarn from our local yarn store. I know, it'll be a tedius job to unravel the yarn from the garment, but it's worth for me to do so, at least I got a chance to experience the unravel of whole garment and reuse it for other knitting project. I've bought 3 of them in the colour shade of chocolate brown, pink and light blue. I went back to the outlet trying to get more the next day, but they're all gone, I should have bought more. :(

I started to unravel the pink sweater once I got home from shopping, and in just 2 nights of about 3 hours work, I've got these pink yarns all rolled in balls. I guess it'll be in more than 1,200m, just enough for me to do a cardigan. I plan to use it for Arisaig, and I've work a swatch on it. So thrill to find the gauge is exactly the same as the instruction. Good....I can use this yarn to knit Arisaig, but I won't be able to start this project yet. Reason being I'm out of the smaller needle of 2.25mm and I've other unfinish projects to get rid off first. Can't get myself involved in too many projects at the meantime cause I need to work on Christmas gifts knitting, or else I won't be able to get them done by Christmas.


The sweater in chocolate brown and light blue



The pink one already unravel and rolled to balls

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the colour looks sweet. Look forward to seeing what you're going to knit with it. By the way, your cabled cardigan is coming along fast.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:07:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

That's a lot of work but at least is not your own knitting to be unravelled. :) Is the yarn very thin? I had this thought before but in general the garments are knitted with very thin yarn.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:02:00 AM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

i was just thinking that the other day..:) buying to recycle. Good idea actually. It's not that hard to recycle, I've done it before. Way to go girl..:)

Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home