Friday, October 07, 2005

Cable Cardigan

A new project has been cast on, the cable & lace twinset of it's cardigan. Although the cable pattern seem a bit complicated, it's indeed not hard and fast to knit. I've done 9" for the back portion in just 3 nights knit during my TV programmes section, about 2 hours per night, very fast for me though. I done it while watching TV and at the same time read the instruction every line of knitting. Phew....so far so good and no mistakes. :)
I did some changes on the pattern, instead of increase 1 stitch at every 3rd knitted stitches, I spread the total number of stitches to be increased evenly. The stated instruction just doesn't seem right to me. If it's to be following the instruction, the right side of the back portion will be more stitches than the left side, won't it making one side of the garment more bulky than the other side? This doesn't make sense to me, maybe I was wrong. However, as I knitted the back, my adjustment doesn't give me any problem and the outcome seem quite alright to me. Cross my finger....;) I'm now up to the arm hole shapping for the back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

So you are knitting the cardigan too. I am looking forward to see your FO. That's a pretty set!

Monday, October 10, 2005 3:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home