Monday, February 13, 2006

Pictures of my knitted bags


Got the pictures of the knitted bags that I've done. I love the second version of this garter stitch bag, it's my favorite colours. It's easy to carry and very spaceous as well. And I like the fish fabric on the handle, it's vintage fabric that sis got from some old store, very unique. I added in two small simple crocheted flowers instead of button as the first version. Buttons looks abit fancy to me and I like flower more than that.

I got the picture of the first version of garter stitch bag here as well, sorry that it's not clear cause it's taken from a hard copy photo to digital. This is how it look after I've attached some lovely vintage buttons that my mum got from her old garments.

6 Comments:

Blogger Doreen said...

Oh Vivian, the garter stitch bag looks really lovely. What kind of yarn do you use to knit this bag. I really admire your talent. :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Both of your bags are lovely! It's a great idea to salvage some buttons from unused clothes!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across ur blog recently. Those are really nice bags! How did u make the handle? (cloth covered cardboard?) I like the idea used on the 2nd bag (bulky yarn in garter with that cluster of interesting bits n pieces) The 1st bag looks very elegant. =)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger emy said...

The bags are lovely. My mom is going gaga over them...

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger *karen said...

I second what kessa said. Please, please, please tell us how you made the handles!

Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely lovely bags - the fabric and colours are great

Saturday, March 04, 2006 2:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home