Friday, January 20, 2006

What's knitting?


Started this project two weeks ago while me and Hubby were on a short vacation to "Pangkor Island". It's knitted on the gauge of 28 stitches x 40 rows using recycled cotton yarn obtained from a pullover that I bought from a reject shop, pattern from a vintage crafty book of "Make It Yourself". By such a small gauge, I guess this will be a long going project, finished object would only be shown in at least 3 months later or maybe even in more longer time. I hope I'll not drag it's progress and get it done faster. I'm now on the 3rd repeat of the pattern and it's about 6" from the bottom. The feel of this cotton is kind of soft and light as well, the only draw back is the bad slipping of the yarn, very bad till if I'm not carefully knitting those stitches, one or two ply of the thread will left out, thus making the knitting slow too. Anyway, I do hope this yarn will make this proejct comfry and more cooling to wear in humid weather here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking pretty, both the colour and the small gauge knitting. Never mind if it takes longer.

Friday, January 20, 2006 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Your new project is looking good and i like small gauge work as they look very neat.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home