Monday, November 05, 2007

T-shirt yarn








My mother was once worked in a garment factory and she had the chance to brought home lots of unwanted selvage t-shirt fabric after the pattern cut out to make them into yarns. She even used them to make floor mat and gave them away to relatives and friends. Since mum got quite a fair bit of them, she gave me few big balls in the colour of yellow, light blue, orange and dark blue. I have keep them for quite some times and really have no idea what could I make it into beside of floor mat. Maybe I could make them to a bag?? Possible....I could weave it to form a fabric.....make it to a bag....add handle....trim....buttons...brooch.....etc and etc....hmm....possible though... :) This idea keep on circularing in my brain but I have no time to experiment it yet. I really need to find a good day to try to work on it and see whether my idea work or not. Hopefully it could work out.

3 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

This is super yarn. Can't wait to see what you'll do with it.

Monday, November 05, 2007 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

Ooo that looks mighty interesting. So many possibilities with that.

Monday, November 05, 2007 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Maybe something crochet? Looks like fun!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home