Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My first attempt on amigurumi toy



This is my first attempt on amigurumi toy. Since he has such a tanned brown colour, I call him "Brownie Bear". I got this pattern from a Japanese sewing magazine "Making" of 2001 Autumn issue. This magazine has been discontinued by it's publisher, I found it from a local newspaper stall that selling old and back issue magazines. This is a great magazine which contained lots of sewing information and nice patterns, too bad it has been discontinued. Anyway, I'm glad that I managed to buy 9 issues of them.

The original pattern doesn't look like what I'd made, mine doesn't seem much like a bear, he got such a carton face instead. Maybe from the way that I attached the nose, eyes, ears and the eyebrow that I've added made it look funny. Anyway, I'm quite satisfy with the outcome, and I planned to make few more in different attires to make it a group of bear friends. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Doreen said...

The bear bear looks so cute.I love it.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It's great that you can crochet and make cute toys. Lovely bear!

Friday, December 16, 2005 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

eeekk....he looks so cute with the little scarf.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home