Friday, December 02, 2005

Seaming time


Finally, cabled cardi is off from the needle. Phew! That's really took lots of my time to finish. I've blocked all pieces of the garment, next will be seaming section which I wish to do at this weekend. Hopefully I'll get it all done and show the picture next week. Cardigan knitting is really time consuming, moreover when it's fill with cable and lace patterns. So, no cardi knitting for me at least at this moment. I'll go for easy and relex knit on my next coming project.
My next upcoming project is a simple turtleneck scallop stitches top using yarn that I ripped off from my previous Sonnet project. Recall Sonnet? A long ago project on cardigan knitting. I actually had finished it's body, however I don't quite like the outcome. The yarn seem not suitable for this project, thought it had small gauge but mohair will be warm to wear in our humid weather. So it has been ripped off....yes....all off, no more Sonnet. This new top that I knitting now is a straight line top, no shapping at all, and those loose sticthes of scallop stitches will give good ventilation when wearing. Though those scallop stitch seem kind of complicated to be knitted, in fact it's quite easy and fast to do. I've already done 4" and believe it'll be fast to finish

p/s : Thanks everyone on the comments for my notebook cover, I really appreciate them and they're the encouragement for me to work hard for more great crafty things. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I think you knitted your cardi set very fast! Consider all the intricated cables.
That scallop stitch is very interesting and will make a nice top for your weather. From which magazine is that from?

Saturday, December 03, 2005 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

would be lovely to see the finished project after the seaming..:) Lovely scallop stitch.

Monday, December 05, 2005 2:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home