Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Updates and yarns purchased

The 4 months pledge with wardrobe refashion is almost to end at this month (From July to Oct), I just can't wait to buy some yarns online yesterday from elann.com by air shipping, cause the price offer for Debblis Bliss Cathay is so tempting and the stocks seem to go very fast. I'll be receiving the yarns 2 weeks later. And these are the yarns that I purchased :

Debblis Bliss - Cathay
50% cotton/35% rayon microfibre/15% silk
Colour : Silver
Gauge : 22sts/4" using 3.75mm (US5)
Price : USD3.75



elann.com Sonata
100% mercerized cotton
Colour : 1) Victorian Grape (6960), 2) Pecan (7625)
Gauge : 22sts/4" using 4.00mm (US6)
Price : USD1.98




Updates on knitting
1) V-neck raglan top : I've finish knitting all the pieces, and in the process to block them. My diy blocking block is kind of small, just enough for one piece of knit at a time, therefore I need at least 4 to 5 days for the blocking process. Front and back piece already been blocked, will be blocking the sleeves tonight or maybe tomorrow. Seaming and neck ribbing will be follow up after the blocking. Guess that will need to take me another week to finish.

2) Vintage 70's top : I already seam up the shoulder and in the sleeve's ribbing now. The progress for this knitting is pretty slow, I took about 7 months just to knit the front and back piece. The long progress of this knit really killing me, just hope I could get it off from the needle and begin other project.

No new project to start at this moment, I just want to finish all the WIPs before starting other new projects, maybe some sewing projects. I'm so behind for sew-i-knit's project, I have not doing for the quilting theme and now the holiday sewing theme is coming along. Guess I'll need to do some sewing to be able to catch up with them.

4 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

I am trying not to start new projects too. I have too many wips!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

looks like we all have the same problems :) Lovely yarns. You have a project in mind for them already?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 3:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Good buys! I am trying to finish my wips too. I am so tempt to start something new! ;)

Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I also bought from Elann the same yarn and color recently (Elann Sonata in Victorian Grape)

Saturday, October 21, 2006 1:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home