Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back of vintage knit finished


I've done with the back of the 70's vintage knit, it took me a month to finish, such a long and slow knit though. The original pattern call for a shorter length top, just above the waist, as I'm not quite comfortable with short top, I've added in 2" on it's length. Hopefully it'll look good when finish. I like the feeling of this finished back, it's light and comfry on the skin, just hope it'll be so on the finished object later. For the front, I've passed the 8cm ribbing, on the way to knit the openwork pattern, guess this will take another 1 month to finish.

4 Comments:

Blogger Doreen said...

I prefer longer top too. I think the length should be fine. I see that this top really took a lot of patient to knit. Hope to see you in your top soon.

Cheers.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The back looks so good. I'm sure it will turn out pretty and vintage. I prefer longer tops and fine gauge knitting too.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Your top looks great and so well knitted, that's why it takes longer! I feel an urge to knit for Spring but today the wheather is down to 8C.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top you're knitting is so beautiful, I'm especially amazed by the fact how evenly you're able to knit! Great work done, I can't wait to see the pictures of the top when it is finished!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 4:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home