Monday, March 13, 2006

Sewing and crochet


I've started sewing my skirt last weekend, it's not finished though, I still need to install the elastic band and hemming the skirt bottom. Slow due to lots of disturbances during the process. I've try the skirt on without the band and it looks fine on me, hopefully it will. I'll try to finish it in these few days and will show more pictures then.


I always wanted to crochet a top but never found any nice pattern to until I saw this one. It's a sleeveless crocheted top with knitted double ribbing on all the edges. Kind of a lovely top and look feminine as well. I use a recycled yarn that I frogged from a cardigan that bought from local reject outlet. This yarn is not quite suitable for knitting as it splits badly, coincidently the colour and texture matches with this crochet top pattern, at least it could be used rather than wasted cause the cardigan that I bought sized XXXL, moreover it was a back of time fashion, I look like an old lady on it. Anyway, it's progressing well on the green top. *Cross my finger*

I'm still progressing slowly on my vintage top, pretty slow that I only knitted few rows per day. It's about 7" from the bottom, way to go. Guess it will be a long going project for me. Hopefully I won't get bored and keep it works till finished.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

can't wait to see your finihsed skirt. the new crochet project is lovely.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:50:00 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

The crochet top looks very pretty and your recycled yarn seems to be perfect! I admire your patience to frog all the yarn! I am thinking that i should frog some of my projects and reknit it.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home