Monday, March 06, 2006

Start making my skirt

I've drafted the pattern and cut all the portions of the skirt to be last weekend. The fabric is thin, thus I've set in small seam allowances so that when I press the seam open, it would be less visible when wearing. Zipper sewing is kind of difficult on thin fabric and it will easily split the fabric if not careful, so in order to avoid such thing happen, I'll install elastic band instead of zipper.
At the same time, I also cut the fabrics for the cabled bag handles, it'll be in rectangle shape with an oval opening in the middle. When I tried to match the handle to the cabled knit, I found out that the body was too long and it look awful. Therefore I unraveled it about 3" to shorter the length and it looks better. Will try to sew up the handle while I work for the skirt, hopefully I can get both done by this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I am looking forward to see your Fo's!

Monday, March 06, 2006 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Doreen said...

Same as Mimi, cant wait to see the bag and the skirt. Must show yah.

Monday, March 06, 2006 3:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so intrigued by your bag handles. You have very good sewing skills to do them so neatly. I'm sure your skirt will turn out well, even though it is callenging to sew on fine fabric. When I was in secondary school, I sewed a blouse from such a fabric and it drove me nuts because it kept threatening to split. I didn't know how to choose a fabric for my first project.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home