Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It curls up very badly


I've finished the back piece and both sleeves of the simple bolero. Take a look at the back piece, it's just madly curling up at all ends. Guess a heavy blocking will be required. Ohh...my.....hopefully it will not be a tedius and hard work to do. I guess you must have been notice a more thicker and different colour of yarn on the sleeve border that I've done in the picture. Yes, I'm using other type of yarn for the ribbing border just in case the quantities of yarn that I have won't be enough for the whole finished bolero. Hopefully both of the yarns will match with each other. This is quite a relex and fast knit and I'm now working on the right front piece. Maybe it can be finished by next week and I could show a FO then.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Vivian, i find ur work very interesting. Let me intro myself..my name is Rebecca, Penang Msia. Not sure whether ur based in Pg?
it is possible to buy any of your creations?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Rebecca, thanks for interested in my works. At the meantime I'm not selling any of my creations yet. Maybe I'll in some of my bags in future. I'm actually working on them. Keep an eye on my blog and you will know later.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It's a great way to solve the yarn shortage! ;) The curling edges will be fine after your block and knit up the ribbing.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah try wet blocking it. I think it will help tremendously. I like the color combination, hope you have enough yarn to wish this bolero, it's looking great.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn colours work well together. If you are adding ribbing, the curling should flatten up

Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home