Monday, May 08, 2006

Reconstruct my wardrobe # 1

Nothing much was done on knitting, just being layback and progressing very slowly on my current knitting projects. In fact I did try to do some sewing, not on new projects but just to reconstruct some old garments that I have and couldn't be fitted in now. It's such a waste and space consuming for just keeping them all in my wardrobe. So, I digged them all out and modified them to larger size or into other patterns. It's fun to reconstruct old garments and I really enjoy it. :)



Attempt # 1 :
Plain V neck long sleeve pullover to sparkling 3/4 sleeve chic top. What I have done on it was, I attached some pink and transparent sequins around it's neck line and scattered them front of the top. Cut off the sleeves and folded it up to make it 3/4 length. The outcome : A chic and sparkling top.



I still got few more reconstruction that still under progress, will show more once I got them done.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Great idea, Vivian! Now you have a new top. I like the 3/4 sleeves, it gave a modern touch to the sweater.

Monday, May 08, 2006 9:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Such a clever idea to breathe new life into old clothes. Now you've got a stylish new look, super brilliant!

Monday, May 08, 2006 12:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Isn't it great how you can have a new top with only a little effort and without spending (or spending very little) money. I also like to think we're being eco friendly. ;-)

Monday, May 08, 2006 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

That looks great!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home