Monday, April 10, 2006

Green crochet top finished


Tah...dah....I present to you my newly finished object, The Green Crochet Top. (I look like a pregnant lady in the picture :( fat...., maybe I should pull the bottom ribbings up more.) Anyway, I'm happy and satisfy with the outcome, although it's not that soft again the skin but it's kind of cooling to be wear. The colour is nice as well, it matches with the pattern and the texture of the yarn has made the top look more unique. Not bad...recycled yarn also can produced such a great FO, kind of thrilled with it. Eventhough frogging for recycled yarn is a tedious job to do, but I think it's worth so. (In my cases only, others might not agree with me.) This project just costs me RM15.00!! Cheap!! For such an amount of money, I can't get even a ball of quality yarn, not to mention those luxurious brand, I even can't get half ball of it!! Basically, I just enjoy the knitting process, I can work in any type of yarns provided I got the right pattern for it. I guess these explain why my recent projects mostly work in recycled yarns. ;)


This is a combination of crochet and knitting top, the body was crocheted in steel hook no. 5/0 and the ribbing was knitted in needle size 3.5mm. I've made changes on it's neckband, the original one looks like what appeared on the picture above, it was too loose and I folded it half and sewn it inside into the garment. Got this pattern from a Chinese knitting and crocheting pattern book called "Pretty Girl Knitted Outfit" (Translated). This pattern book contant lots of lovely and nice projects to do, the only shortfall is it does not give full instructions, it only shown some schematic graphic and size of needle to use. No gauge and type of yarns for the project, I've to do lots of guessing works to get it right. Anyway, it's a fast crochet project and it's my first crocheted outfit. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

It's a pretty top! I share your hapiness with this FO. The fact that the cost was little is very gratifying. It looks better with the doubled neckband. Geeat job on your first crochet outfit.

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knitted ribbing goes very well with the crochet lace and the colour is lovely too.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home