Thursday, October 26, 2006

2 Finished Objects

At last they are done during the long break of “Hari Raya” (Malays’ New Year celebration). I’ve been staying home just to knit and seaming on the weekend during the breaks and they are finally done on Monday. But I couldn’t be able to take any pictures due to the weather, it was raining for the past few days and I just be able to take some pictures yesterday, not in a good quality but still be viewable. And here they are :



A) Vintage 70’s top – I used recycled yarns for this project, the yarn was obtained from a long sleeve men’s sweater that I bought about RM10 (USD2.60). I still have some leftover that enough for sleeveless top to knit or crochet. However, I will not use it for the next project yet cause I just got Vintage 70’s top off the needle and it would be kind of bore to knit or crochet using the same yarn again. I spend quite some times to finish this top, about 9months in total. Almost thinking to give it up, luckily I didn’t cause it came out quite nice and I’m kind of like it. Pattern from a vintage pattern book called “Make it yourself”.




B) V-neck raglan top – This finished top came out a bit tide and short for me. Not quite satisfy with the outcome. I’m thinking to unravel the whole thing, re-do it in a larger size and add more inches to the length. But I’ll leave it as it is at the meantime for other project, will figure out what to do with it later. It was knitted using Lana Grossa Toccata in the shade of Butterscotch. Pattern from elann.com but the link was no longer available.

I also started a new project, a simple stockinette and ribbing top from Knitty called Bob. I’ve a yarn just nice for this project, it was bought from elann.com quite some times ago called Endless Summer Collection – Connemara in the shade of Rich Creme. The instruction for this project require to knit in the round from the bottom till the raglan, it also could be done using straight needle with some adjustments. I choose to do it in the second option cause I don’t have the require circular needle. It is a simple and relax knit, and it grow pretty fast too, just about an hour I’ve already knitted it 4” from bottom. So, a finished object near future? Hopefully…….**cross my finger**

4 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

Both FOs look good. I like the square neckline and the curved in armhole and the fine yarn of the pink top - very vintage.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

The pink vintage top is very pretty. I can't tell the raglan top is too short in the picture... have you blocked it yet? Do you think blocking might be able to stretch things out a bit?

Friday, October 27, 2006 9:44:00 PM  
Blogger bubamaca said...

i love the pink one, the others are nice too! i just wish i had more patience with knitting, i`ve never made anything bigger than a scarf...

Saturday, October 28, 2006 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Yes, have you block it yet? I don't think I have the heart to unravel the whole think if it happened to me.

Monday, October 30, 2006 5:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home