Friday, October 27, 2006

My attempt on necklace

This is my first attempt to DIY jewelry. It was made from fish net thread and some seed beads. I thread few lines of different colour seed beads and just twisted them around to form a necklace.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

2 Finished Objects

At last they are done during the long break of “Hari Raya” (Malays’ New Year celebration). I’ve been staying home just to knit and seaming on the weekend during the breaks and they are finally done on Monday. But I couldn’t be able to take any pictures due to the weather, it was raining for the past few days and I just be able to take some pictures yesterday, not in a good quality but still be viewable. And here they are :

A) Vintage 70’s top – I used recycled yarns for this project, the yarn was obtained from a long sleeve men’s sweater that I bought about RM10 (USD2.60). I still have some leftover that enough for sleeveless top to knit or crochet. However, I will not use it for the next project yet cause I just got Vintage 70’s top off the needle and it would be kind of bore to knit or crochet using the same yarn again. I spend quite some times to finish this top, about 9months in total. Almost thinking to give it up, luckily I didn’t cause it came out quite nice and I’m kind of like it. Pattern from a vintage pattern book called “Make it yourself”.

B) V-neck raglan top – This finished top came out a bit tide and short for me. Not quite satisfy with the outcome. I’m thinking to unravel the whole thing, re-do it in a larger size and add more inches to the length. But I’ll leave it as it is at the meantime for other project, will figure out what to do with it later. It was knitted using Lana Grossa Toccata in the shade of Butterscotch. Pattern from but the link was no longer available.

I also started a new project, a simple stockinette and ribbing top from Knitty called Bob. I’ve a yarn just nice for this project, it was bought from quite some times ago called Endless Summer Collection – Connemara in the shade of Rich Creme. The instruction for this project require to knit in the round from the bottom till the raglan, it also could be done using straight needle with some adjustments. I choose to do it in the second option cause I don’t have the require circular needle. It is a simple and relax knit, and it grow pretty fast too, just about an hour I’ve already knitted it 4” from bottom. So, a finished object near future? Hopefully…….**cross my finger**

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Updates and yarns purchased

The 4 months pledge with wardrobe refashion is almost to end at this month (From July to Oct), I just can't wait to buy some yarns online yesterday from by air shipping, cause the price offer for Debblis Bliss Cathay is so tempting and the stocks seem to go very fast. I'll be receiving the yarns 2 weeks later. And these are the yarns that I purchased :

Debblis Bliss - Cathay
50% cotton/35% rayon microfibre/15% silk
Colour : Silver
Gauge : 22sts/4" using 3.75mm (US5)
Price : USD3.75 Sonata
100% mercerized cotton
Colour : 1) Victorian Grape (6960), 2) Pecan (7625)
Gauge : 22sts/4" using 4.00mm (US6)
Price : USD1.98

Updates on knitting
1) V-neck raglan top : I've finish knitting all the pieces, and in the process to block them. My diy blocking block is kind of small, just enough for one piece of knit at a time, therefore I need at least 4 to 5 days for the blocking process. Front and back piece already been blocked, will be blocking the sleeves tonight or maybe tomorrow. Seaming and neck ribbing will be follow up after the blocking. Guess that will need to take me another week to finish.

2) Vintage 70's top : I already seam up the shoulder and in the sleeve's ribbing now. The progress for this knitting is pretty slow, I took about 7 months just to knit the front and back piece. The long progress of this knit really killing me, just hope I could get it off from the needle and begin other project.

No new project to start at this moment, I just want to finish all the WIPs before starting other new projects, maybe some sewing projects. I'm so behind for sew-i-knit's project, I have not doing for the quilting theme and now the holiday sewing theme is coming along. Guess I'll need to do some sewing to be able to catch up with them.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Need to unravel this part

Actually I have finished knitting the front and back piece of V-neck raglan top last week. However, no finished object to show yet. I made some mistake on the raglan decreases for the left side of the garment. It came out as smooth stockinette stitches which is mismatch with the right raglan. Therefore, I have to unravel the wrong raglan part and reknit them again. Guess this will take me another week to come out with a finished object.

The 1st picture show the wrong left raglan and 2nd picture show the correct right raglan.

I also bought few knitting and crocheting books during one of our local bookshop's book fair. The books consists quite a number of patterns but the instructions given are not very complete, lots of guessing works need to be done. Anyway, since it's cheap (50% off from the normal price) I bought 4 books and these are some of the patterns that I'm thinking to cast on in the future.